Every so often I get a bit downhearted about blogging – normally after I’ve had very little sleep and everything in the world makes me feel a bit sad. Surely no one is interested in reading more of my nonsense? I think to myself and turn away from the computer.
And then something nice happens; a comment here, an email there or, in this case, being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by not one but two people – both of whom are on my must read list – and I get a fresh wave of love for blogging and bloggers (and I really do genuinely enjoy it most of the time).
Thank you to BattleMum, who has been a happy recent discovery for me, and 23 Week Socks, who I have been following for much longer, for nominating me, it really does mean a lot and you would both have been on my list too.
Anyway, now I have to come up with seven random facts about me, which I always find quite hard but here goes:
1. I have been a freelance journalist for a whole year this month.
2. I’ve been worrying about filling in the self-assessment tax form for the entire 12 months. For some reason, I keep having a dream where the bill is going to be more than I have earned.
3. Instead of a journalist I should have been a software tester because if it can go wrong, it will go wrong for me.
4. I have my ears pierced seven times (four in one, three in the other).
6. I’m a vegetarian who doesn’t really like vegetables. I know!
7. I often buy gingerbread men and don’t correct the shop assistant when they assume they are for Freya (I’m sure once she can talk she will let my secret out).
I know this award is supposed to be for up and coming blogs but, just in case other people also occasionally question why they are doing this, I thought I’d nominate some of my daily reads, whether they are new or not. Some of them have been really supportive of me and this blog, which I thank them for, but I genuinely think the blogosphere is a better, broader, often funnier and nicer place with them in it.
4. Mommy’s Little Princesses (Welcome home from hospital, Sandy).
10. Mud and Nettles.
I would have listed my entire blog links list if I could.
You don’t have to do anything with this nomination unless you want to pass it on to a few of your favourites. Please let me know if you do.